Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The Last of 'Holding On'

The build up is intense.
Alone time shouldn't feel this good
but it does.
Its amazing to me the irony in how much I care about others
but right now I'm pushing you away.
I need to give myself endlessly to you.
I know its my hearts calling, but its the realization of
unfinished business within myself that scares me.
Soo many pressures that I defy.
age, race, sex, politics,religion...walls of garbage...

My heart sings through all of this mess.
I am dancing on your planet like a whirling Dervish
begging you to be free with me.
but its the begging that has me stumbling
why am I so concerned about you all?

I have been thinking about this alot lately..
I know most subscribe to the theory and I do as well
that we have to make ourselves happy first right?
but what happens if ..
what continues to keep me happy is giving YOU a smile?

Im not some preachy fool who doesn't understand my own objectives.

I understand them clearly.

I know what I am working for and why I am doing it.

I'm not lofty and I'm not dreaming.
I know without a doubt the human potential.
I know YOUR potential.
I am not going to subscribe to cynicism or ego.
I know a million books and hours of research can not tell you how to listen to your own heart.

I guess what terrifies me is how far the world will push me away
as I defy its morals, its political correctness, and its boundaries
while I take a stand for you.

I'll die one day
but I'll die knowing I loved.

1 comment:

  1. if the world pushes you away for taking a stand and loving, it doesnt deserve to have you.

    ReplyDelete